We hope everyone had a safe and festive holiday season, as well as a happy New Years! Let's hope 2021 is even marginally better than 2020.
It's been a long time since I've written one of these posts, and that's with good reason. We've been consistently working behind the scenes to elevate our server with you in mind, and the updates I'm here to share with you today are another step in our constantly evolving journey to deliver our Jurassic Skyblock experience in the best way possible.
You may have already inferred this from the title of this blog post or from Discord, but the changes we're making involve a completely new season. Whether you're an old or new player, Season Three will be a massive upgrade in your experience that we hope will work to fulfill the goals we've set for ourselves when designing the server. Season Two was a huge upgrade from Season One, and we hope to make Season Three our longest lasting season yet, with plenty of content updates and content creators spread throughout.
First and foremost, Season Three releases Saturday, February 6th, at 3:00 PM EST.
Let's get right into the new updates and changes we're making with Season Three:
💎 Season Three Policies
The following will remain attached to your player even when the transition from Season Two to Season Three is made:
- Cosmetics (Hats, Pets, Tags, etc.)
- Perks (Fast Place, Emojis, etc.)
- Ranks (Spending Balance, Rank Perks, etc.)
The following will be wiped when the transition from Season Two to Season Three is made:
- Any items not saved using the Transfer Vault (explained below)
- Islands (Island structures, block value, members, etc.)
- Balance (Money, Gems, etc.)
- Ender Chests
- Seasonal Ranks
🎁 Transfer Vault
From now, until Friday, February 5th, all players have access to a Season Three transfer vault.
We've created this vault system to allow players that have supported us to bring some of their purchased items over to the new season. Typing /vault will allow you to place up to 18 items to bring over to Season Three.
Items that can be brought over include Rocket Boots, Sell Chests, Titanium Pickaxes, Kit Items, Chunk Hoppers, Spawner Wrenches, Crate Winnings, etc.
Items that cannot be brought over include Keys, Shulkers, Bank Notes, Dinosaur Content, Spawners, and Wands.
🦖 Dinosaur Animations
Obviously, the center piece of our Jurassic Skyblock experience is our beloved dinosaurs. One of the largest upgrades we've made with Season Three is a brand new animation system that puts life into all of your dinosaurs.
The days of dinosaurs running around their enclosures like puppets attached to strings are long over, with brand new animations for each dinosaur that make their movements convincing and lifelike.
🌟 Overhauled Leveling System
Our long-standing goal with the end of Season Two was to figure out a way to eliminate the tedious leveling system that Skyblock players are forced into because there simply isn't a great alternative.
With Season Three, we're completely overhauling our value-based leveling system to deliver something far more interactive and expansive. Our new leveling system will be the key to upgrading your Island. The new leveling system is pretty intuitive:
- You will earn EXP for completing various actions on your Island, such as using your cobblestone generator, growing dinosaurs, enchanting, killing mobs, crafting items, etc.
- Your Island EXP will go towards unlocking various milestones that allow you to do new things with your Island. These milestones include planting certain crops, placing certain mob spawners, using certain items, etc.
- Outside of upgrading the capabilities of your Island, you will also be able to earn custom (and free) textured rewards through this system to show off your Island's prowess.
- TLDR: Your Island now progresses directly based on your actions to upgrade it, with the plan to add new milestones and unlocks through content updates consistently over time.
One of the primary reasons we're doing Season Three is to get on 1.16, which will allow us to add a plethora of new features that were otherwise inaccessible for players.
The largest enhancement this brings to players is the addition of a Nether Dimension, which will be directly integrated to our new leveling system and feature many different content avenues separate from the Overworld. You can expect to see the following content and more with our upgrade to 1.16:
- Nether Cobblestone Generator with different drops from the Overworld
- Craftable Corrupted Water to use in Nether Cobblestone Generators
- Brand new Nether Island for each player/team
- Spawners and farms that can only be built in the Nether
- Crops that can only be grown in the Nether
- Access to new Blocks and Items from 1.16
- Access to new Mobs from 1.16
👷♂️ New Spawn
Undoubtedly our best Spawn out of all past seasons, our Season Three Spawn will be a constantly evolving area for players to interact and explore new content.
🤺 PVP Arena
One of the largest areas we were lacking on in Season Two was PVP. We've been working on ways to integrate PVP with our Jurassic Skyblock experience, with our new PVP arena being the first step towards that goal.
Rest assured, more means of combat against other players are on the horizon, but we're excited to provide an area to conduct fighting in the mean time through our brand new PVP Pit in Spawn.
🧨 Blast Kit
We're adding a brand new Kit to Solumic with Season Three, featuring a new cosmetic, and useful tools for mining and fishing.
This Kit includes:
- 1x Miner Hat Voucher
- 1x Blast Pickaxe
Removes blocks in a 3x3 area upon mining.
- 10x Mine Bombs
Throwing these bombs into the Fossil Mine will remove large areas of it and will automatically deposit blocks and fossils into your inventory.
- 1x Blast Armor Set
Wearing all pieces of this armor set at once will give you more gems and better drops when fishing.
🎩 Overhauled Crates & Cosmetics
We've completely overhauled the Crate opening experience with Season Three, and will continue to deliver high-quality cosmetic and item offerings through this system.
You can look forward to enhancements such as custom armor textures, animated tools, animated rocket boots, and more, as the season progresses.
🔧 Bug Fixes
We're always working to fix bugs as they appear, but some bugs take longer to address than others. With Season Three, a lot of our largest bugs have been fixed, including but not limited to:
- Changes to the Island saving system to further combat any data loss
- Changes to the Playtime system to fix player-facing time loss upon reboots
- Fixed an issue where Scarecrows from the Farmer Kit would shapeshift into other blocks
- Fixed an issue with Dinosaurs going missing from their enclosures
- Fixed an issue with ghost blocks remaining in place after mining
- Fixed an issue with items despawning instantly when a player dies
- Fixed an issue causing Islands to randomly crash and send users to hubs
- Fixed an issue where players didn't receive Vote Keys on their Islands
- Added a requirement to join using the latest version of Minecraft, 1.16.5.